Studying in Southeast Asia
Berkeley Study Abroad Programs
UC Berkeley undergraduates interested in study abroad in Southeast Asia are eligible to apply to the University of California Education Abroad Program (EAP).
EAP has programs in Singapore, based at the National University of Singapore; Thailand, based at Thammasat University in Bangkok; and Vietnam, based in Can Tho in southern Vietnam. A new EAP program in Yogyakarta, Indonesia is scheduled for summer 2014.
Staff at the Berkeley Study Abroad office have more information about these programs and can provide counseling and guidance about study abroad options.
Other study abroad programs in Southeast Asia are:
- The Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) programs in Thailand and Cambodia
- The CET program in Vietnam
- The Summer Study Abroad in Laos program, run by the Center for Lao Studies
- The Darmasiswa Scholarship Program in Indonesia, funded by the Indonesian government
- The American Councils Indonesian Abroad Program